It was three years ago when we first heard of Children of Zodiarcs, as the Square Enix Collective was gearing up to show it off at EGX Rezzed 2017, with it soon to be followed at the bigger show later in the year. From there though things went a little quiet on the Xbox One front. That is until now – as the game releases on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
Available to purchase and download right now, Children of Zodiarcs previously launched on PS4 and PC, yet today is found rocking up on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. Priced at £14.99 from the Xbox Store, this is a game that mixes dice rolling with deck building, building in story-driven RPG elements for good measure.
Strategy and controlled risk is the name of the game with Children of Zodiarcs and it is that combination which promises tension, anticipation and a whole host of excitement. With things inspired by the likes of Final Fantasy Tactics and Magic: The Gathering, if you’re one of the millions who get kicks from either of those two genres, Children of Zodiarcs looks to deliver.
- Combat Cards – Each of your party members’ attacks & abilities are bound to combat cards. Drawing different cards during battle provides you with ever changing combat possibilities every time you fight!
- Empower Cards through Dice – Once you’ve chosen your attack, physics based dice allow you to roll for bonuses! Favoring symbols over numbers, these dice deliver attack, defence, healing, and special ability modifiers.
- Influencing Lady Luck – To add yet more layers of stratagem to Children of Zodiarcs, you can craft dice to favour your play style, and re-roll up to two dice every time you throw. You need not fear being at Lady Luck’s mercy!
- A World Full of Characters – Along the way you’ll come to learn about Nahmi – stolen from her homeland as a child, Brice – forced to survive on the mean streets of Torus; Zirchhoff – a charismatic bandit leader who employs young orphans to do his bidding: as well as many more mischief makers.
- Building Decks – Each playable character comes with their own customisable deck. This allows you to tailor their skillset to the types of attacks and abilities you want to have in your hand during the heat of combat.
- A Fully Orchestrated Score – Children of Zodiarcs’ music captures the feel of tactical RPG classics with its fully orchestrated soundtrack composed by the award winning team at Vibe Avenue.
Should you fancy taking the time to immerse yourself in a new tale, and just so happen to be a fan of the dice rolling or deck building worlds, then Children of Zodiarcs on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch is likely to easily sort you out. Our full review of the game will be coming your way fairly soon but in the meantime we urge you to head to the Xbox Store and Nintendo eShop (£15.99) to pick it up. Let us know in the comments if you decide to do so.
Professional thieves on the trail of an ancient relic, the group infiltrates the glittering halls of a corrupt noble’s private chambers in pursuit of their target, narrowly escaping the wrath of the city guards at every turn. Desperate to find an escape, they seek refuge in the city’s seamy slums and brave the sunless pits of the underworld. Out to get them are heavily armed city guards, rival gangs and psychotic families of subterranean cannibals. Abandoned by the system and used by selfish criminals, these young companions will be forced to come to terms with their own reality. But be warned – in the world of Children of Zodiarcs, no one escapes unscathed!
Leave a Reply