What do you do if you’ve got issues and want to escape them? Why go into outer space of course! No-one can hear you scream (or do anything at all) there! Unfortunately, as we’ve learned from many a science fiction film, space is filled with psychological trauma and point-and-click adventure game Still There taps into this vein while also adding plenty of humour and puzzles.
Coming from Ghostshark Games and dropping on Switch eShop today, you are Karl, operator of the space-lighthouse known as Bento. Every day is much the same, that is until you receive a mysterious radio message from George Clooney…
Okay, we made up the bit about George Clooney, but the radio message is true and apparently how to make the perfect coffee does feature in the game, so we’re sure gorgeous George would be happy to be involved. As you can see from the trailer above, Still There involves dealing with AI, getting on with the day-to-day tasks of keeping the Bento ship-shape as well as eventually dealing with some dark truth as you peer into the abyss and, inevitably, the abyss peers right back at ya.
Here are some of the key features as highlighted by the official blurb:
– Maintain your space lighthouse by solving brain-bending puzzles and completing your daily tasks. Urine may be involved.
– Respond to emergency situations, take vital decisions while you unravel the emotional story of Karl’s past.
– Engage in hilarious conversations with Gorky, the station’s AI.
– Confront complex issues, such as depression and grief, in the deeply immersive narrative.
– Soak up the nostalgia with stunning retro graphics and visuals.
The game’s out today on the eShop for $14.99 / €14.99 / £13.49 depending on your region, although there’s a 10% launch discount. If you’re into your lonesome, contemplative science-fiction films, or you enjoy a laugh and some puzzles, this could be worth boldly going for.
Let us know if Still There gets your retro rockets firing with a brief missive below.
Leave a Reply