Special Ops Operations and Missions have been detailed for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare along with the PS4 timed-exclusive mode Special Ops Survival.
Available on all platforms when Call of Duty: Modern Warfare releases, Spec-Ops has been re-imagined as a collection of “expansive, interconnected Operations against a new and encroaching threat.”
According to information provided today, you and other players will form strike-teams of four to “execute multi-phased objectives.” Each will advance the story of the game.
These Spec Ops Operations are dynamic as enemy forces will react to choices made. Depending upon how you go about things, enemies may send out more soldiers, helicopters or deploy a Juggernaut to combat your team.
Operations will take place on a wide variety of maps, with the largest and most “involved” set in the city of Verdansk. Killstreaks and revivals will be accessible in Special Ops alongside various vehicles and helicopters.
At launch, there will be four multi-stage Operations available with more scheduled to come throughout the post launch seasons. All post launch Operations and Missions will be coming to all platforms simultaneously.
As far as the separate Survival Ops mode announced for PS4 is concerned, it is an additional wave-based horde mode known as Special Ops Survival. Exclusive to PS4 until October 1, 2020, it pits you and up to three of your friends against enemy forces on one of three multiplayer maps.
Here’s more intel on Spec Ops for all platforms straight from Activision.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Special Ops Operations
- Operations: As you infil into one of the many war-torn zones within Special Ops, you and your team have full latitude on how to accomplish your Operations. This Special Ops game mode is a 4 player matchmade activity centered around interconnected experiences that take the form of objectives, each culminating in the removal or destruction of a key logistical aspect of the Al-Qatala army.
- Employ different strategies. Go in quietly or tackle the insurrection head-on. The enemy reacts to your team’s decisions, meaning the outcome of any battle can change.
- Missions: Complementing the multi-stage Operations, and also available across all platforms, are additional Missions, which can be played solo or with up to four players. Whereas Operations give you the widest breadth of strategic and tactical choice, Missions are a more curated experience where your proficiency with specific weapons, killstreaks, and other tools will be tested. These Missions are extremely replayable, and you’re able to achieve a 1, 2, or 3-star ranking based on your performance. Naturally, there will be an “Infinity Ward time” that you can attempt to beat!
- Mode Cross-Progression Rewards: As you complete any of the Special Ops content, expect to receive impressive rewards for your combat expertise. Examples include additional unlockable items and equipment that can be utilized in both Multiplayer and Special Ops Modes.
- Loadouts and progression: Operations carry over all the Operators, Loadouts, and Progress made in Multiplayer. You have access to your own preferred arsenal to carry out any and all Operations in whatever way you and your squad chooses. Bring your favored equipment, as well as your specific Operator, into the fray.
- An Uneasy Alliance: The Armistice Fireteam: As these Operations involve a temporary alliance between Coalition and Allegiance forces, you’re free to pick any Operator you wish. Old differences are set aside. For now!
- Cross-Mode Loadouts: Next you can bring your preferred Loadouts, including your preferred Primary and Secondary Weapons, Perks, and Tactical and Lethal Equipment so you’re comfortable in this new combat zone. Got a favored Sniper Rifle or Shotgun that you’ve meticulously crafted, and tailored to your playstyle? Bring it along!
- Know Your Roles: Specific to Special Ops are “Roles”: Prior to dropping into play, you’re able to pick from Assault, Recon, Engineer, Demolition, Medic, and Heavy. Each role comes equipped with a Field Upgrade and a class-specific perk. Pick the Role that best suits and reinforces your style of play.
- Killstreaks: Prior to beginning an Operation, you’re able to pick three types of Munitions that offer a similar effect to Killstreaks in Multiplayer Mode. Those Munition boxes aren’t part of your equipment but are rather located in a random location across the map; it’s up to you to find and utilize them, whether you’ve chosen (for example) a Precision Airstrike or a Gunship to aid you.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare releases October 25. Check out the launch trailer here if you missed it earlier.
Leave a Reply